Facilities & Charges

  • The Hall measures 11.5m by 5.8m (about 37 feet by 19 feet).
  • Fine new oak floor with comfortable under-floor heating.
  • 75 padded chairs and 12 folding GoPak tables (6′ by 2′ 3″) which can all be stored out of sight if not needed.
  • Free Wi-Fi.
  • Two independent sets of lighting:  6 suspended fluorescent units giving high illumination for meetings or when playing card-games, and an array of small dimmable spots set into the ceiling for a softer effect at parties.
  • Hearing Loop and microphone system for those with hearing aids.
  • A computer projector and screen are available for presentations at no charge, but must be requested at the time of booking.
  • No stage, but suitable collapsible modules can be hired in advance from The Forum, Northallerton (01609-776230 ).

Thornton-le-Beans village hall main hallThornton-le-Beans Village Hall main Hall

  • The Kitchen is fully equipped with cooker, microwave, fridge, wall-mounted instant hot water boiler, double sink and drainer, and plenty of power points.
  • Separate wash-hand basin for use when preparing food.
  • Ample crockery, cutlery, sherry glasses, trays, serving dishes and table-cloths are available, together with dish-cloths and tea-towels.

Thornton-le-Beans village hall kitchenThornton-le-Beans village hall kitchen

  • Charges are £14 per morning, afternoon or evening session for residents of the civil parish of Thornton-le-Beans and Cotcliffe with Crosby.
  • For non-residents the charge is £7.50 per hour, minimum 2 hours.
  • Charges will increase to £15 per session and £8.50 per hour as from 1 Sep 2022.
    All existing bookings will be honoured at the current price.
  • Payment should be made to the Bookings Secretary Maureen Hague, 14 The Stonebow, Thornton-le-Beans (01609-774325) not later than 7 days after hire.
  • Invoices and receipts can be issued on request.
    Cheques should be made payable to “Thornton-le-Beans Village Hall”.
  • BACS payments should be made to 20-61-46  50878782
  • The Hall has a Premises Licence.   If alcohol is to be sold or public entertainment provided at your event, an application must be made for a Temporary Event Notice (costing £21) at least 10 working days in advance, see HDC Licensing.  This does not apply to private parties.